- “The KCIA Conference was amazing! When my husband and I attended, we were not sure what to expect, but extremely grateful afterwards for attending. The conference had great speakers who spoke about variety of topics. Each speaker gave us something to take away from this experience. We definitely learned a lot to help us through this difficult journey. The breakout sessions were inspiring and helped make more of a connection in a smaller group setting. At the very end, we heard a variety of success stories from others. This was our favorite part! You feel heartbroken and let down, but hearing others’ stories really helped keep us motivated. One of the speakers said when they left the conference last year, she said she made it her goal to be a success story. I felt the same way. Now we are expecting twins in April. 🙂 This conference spoke to both my husband and me. We knew life was throwing us lemons, but thanks to the help and support of the KCIA Conference, we were able to find the will to make lemonade.”
- “It was helpful to us because it provided us with information to other options that we didn’t know were out there. One of the break out sessions discussed adopting embryos. This option would still allow me to experience pregnancy! How amazing is that? Thank you for organizing this and we are looking forward to the next one!”
-Ish & Pritee Chattha
- “As someone with a relatively recent diagnosis of infertility, I originally attended the 2013 Family Building Conference to learn about about the latest medical treatment options and such. However, what I found at the conference was a much more holistic view of infertility, that included both traditional reproductive medicine, alternative techniques, and the role that faith plays during this journey. While some of the sessions and first-hand accounts were quite emotional and inspirational, I left the conference with a much greater appreciation of what family-building can look like–be it ART, fostering, adoption or otherwise. I felt my heart open up to the possibility to my own family forming in a number of different ways I’d not previously considered. It was an excellent and informative conference that I’d be quick to recommend to anyone seeking more information about infertility and building a family.”
- “I have been trying for 10 years to become a mommy. This was the first time I had heard of your conference. My doctor in Columbia had one of your flyers at his office, and I happened to find it on one of my many, many visits. I brought along my mom as she has been a tremendous support system for me through all of this. All of the information and speakers were very helpful. I was very pleased with the conference and plan on attending next year. You ladies are all amazingly thoughtful and incredibly empathetic. Thank you so much! We have talked about IVF and maybe the possibility of adopting.”
- I just have to say the 2013 conference was a the biggest blessing to me on my journey. I had just started my treatment with IUI thinking my only problem prior was my endometriosis. A month after the conference I learned I was peri-menopausal and my only two options were adoption or egg donor. The blessing for me was the keynote speaker’s message. I visited with her during the breakout sessions to discover what adoption agency she used prior to knowing what our fate was. I took the agencies name down as she told me of her wonderful experience. Fast forward a year later, we are using that same agency she gave me. We are almost ready to be put on the waiting list as we are getting close to having all of our to do list done. That conference gave me so much hope. It was awesome to see someone like Jenny Matthews struggle with the same issues, I have always thought she was amazing and have listened to her for years on Mix. It was so amazing to know I wasn’t alone and even a well known person has the same struggles. It truly made me feel “normal” as you can feel as a infertile woman. This truly has been the greatest struggle of my life to go through this journey and know that the avenue I thought I would be a mom isn’t what was supposed to be. I know God has led us to what path we need to be on and finally have some peace about it. That conference was a gift to me and I know I was supposed to be there without a doubt. I would love to go this year!!! Thanks for what you do, what a blessing to me and so many woman and couples.
- A big help to me at the 2013 conference was the Faith and Infertility breakout session. A lot of times as a Christian, I would feel so alone. It was nice to see other women of faith encouraging us to stay strong in our faith through what I think is one of the hardest things in life. One passage that I have held on to the last few years is (from the Message Bible) 2 Corinthians 1:4-5 “All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.” I believe that is exactly what those women did last year. They had been through the same journey, and took what they learned to help us, and I am forever grateful for them. Anyway, as of the conference last year, my husband and I were looking into the IVF journey. The faith class got us to thinking about how we were putting our infertility struggle above God himself. So, as we began to think about saving money, we also decided to get our priorities straight. And, I am very happy to tell you that, without any medical help, we are having a little boy in May! We are over the moon and couldn’t be happier! We don’t claim to know how God works, but I do know that too much of our day-to-day life was centered around infertility. Once we balanced it out, things definitely looked up for us! I appreciate all of the hard work that you and your team put in for this conference. At that time, I was at the lowest that I ever got during our journey (1 IUI that resulted in a tubal and tube removal, and 6 more failed IUIs). It was a blessing to get encouraged and rejuvenated to continue. Thank you so much!
–Scott and Emily Smith
- The week before the 2012 conference, my husband and I learned that our first IVF cycle failed. I attended the conference because the previous years conference gave me a sense of hope. I needed that hope again and knew surrounding myself with others going through similar situations was exactly what I needed. I left the conference even more knowledgeable and was ready to fight the infertility battle again. Our second IVF cycle was a success as we are expecting our first baby. A good friend once told me that knowledge is power. This conference will give you just that.
- We attended your 2012 Infertility conference and thought it was a wonderful event. It was professional and provided many resources from around the area, many of which we did not know existed for infertility related issues. Your speakers were awesome and touched our hearts but most importantly provided us with hope. Thank you for putting this event together to support and provide resources to those who face the heartache of infertility.
–Michael and Cheyanne
- A co-worker & I attended the 2012 conference with our husbands. While we have had different journeys, (she just had a beautiful baby girl) the information we gathered at the conference was invaluable. Very comprehensive and a showcase of options – it was wonderful to meet the doctors, health care professionals & businesses in person. The various testimonials also were inspiration for everyone to keep hope that there will be a child in your life someday, somehow, someway.
- My husband and I attended the 2012 conference and it was so helpful. We found options that we didn’t even know existed for us. We also felt so much more comfortable knowing that everyone there was going through the same heartbreak that we were. We left with a better sense of what our next step would be. After 3.5 years ttc, we are now expecting twins!! Good luck with this years conference. You are helping so many just like us.
- “My husband and I attended the 2011 Conference, which was at the beginning of our infertility journey. We had been TTC for 12 months and not getting anywhere. So, when we learned about this conference we were very uninformed about everything. The conference gave us the much needed information and resources. I think without this conference, it would have taken us a lot longer to figure out what our next steps and options were. It was awesome to get so much information in one place. Thank you and good luck with the 2012 Conference!”
- “The 2011 Conference compiled all of the best resources and put them at my fingertips. It was such a relief to be surrounded by other couples experiencing infertility and hearing their personal stories. I often feel like I’m the ONLY one dealing with infertility when I visit with my OB-GYN. I was touched and inspired by the stories shared. I recommend this conference to men, women, friends, those who are TTC, and those who just simply want information. There was something for everyone who attended. I got more information in four hours than I ever got during the 2 years with my regular OB-GYN. It’s worth your time. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!”
- “My husband and I learned a lot from the 2011 conference. The most important thing I learned was we are not alone in this heart-wrenching journey. I feel truly blessed to have had the opportunity to go to the conference.”
-Nick and Angie
- “I found the 2011 Conference helpful because I didn’t realize so many people (men and women) are going through similar issues as my husband and me. Our journey has been very difficult for both of us, but going to the conference let us see we aren’t the only ones and there are more options out there. We may not be able to have a biological baby, but we realize we could love another baby the same, and we will be good parents no matter how it is achieved. Thanks so much for having the conference. We look forward to many more and hope you will have one every year!”
- “The 2011 Conference helped me realize there are a lot of couples going through infertility, and it is not taboo to talk about. After the conference, I joined a support group; this helped me deal with the emotional struggle of infertility. Also, I found a RE at the conference to help my husband and I start our journey with infertility treatments. After 5 years of infertility, we are now pregnant with twins through IVF!”
- “I thought the 2011 Conference was very beneficial in explaining all of the techniques and hearing from all of the physicians.”