Ultimate List of Adoption Fundraisers
Adoption Fundraising Tips:
1. Redefine “Fundraising” – It doesn’t have to mean coming right out and asking for donations if you’re opposed to that. There are viable options for every comfort level.
2. Audience – Consider all your different circles. You have family, work friends, maybe church friends or even an online audience. Different fundraisers will appeal to different groups.
3. Let Your Friends Help – Don’t try to do it all yourself. Get your friends involved in garage sale pricing or flipping pancakes at a breakfast fundraiser. If they have skills, like photography, that could benefit you, see if they’d be willing to donate their services.
4. Find a Balance – If you’re hosting a different sales party every week and posting about it on Facebook nine times a day you’ll likely annoy your friends. Mix it up with a combination of events, and online sales.
5. Do Your Part – If you’re fundraising, the hard truth is that your actions will be scrutinized. Let people know what you’re doing to contribute to your adoption.
Tips for writing an adoption fundraising letter:
ONLINE DONATION RESOURCES:
They partner with over 1,000 retailers including Target, Babies ‘R Us, Walmart, Diapers.com, Forever 21, Priceline, Lowe’s and MANY more who can help you fund your adoption. The Pure Charity Rewards Network lets your friends and family shop online at their favorite retailers and a portion of the purchase price is deposited into their Pure Charity account. That money can then be donated towards your fundraiser.
This is a super easy to use crowd-funding site that will help you get others to donate to your adoption journey. http://www.gofundme.com/stories/adoption-fundraising
They are a non-profit funding platform helping families raise money to pay for adoption costs. Once family and friends have made a tax deductible designated gift, they step in with the goal of either matching or exceeding that amount.
Allows individuals to create customizable adoption fundraising pages to get help from friends and family around the world. YouCaring.com does not charge users a percentage of the total funds raised or any upfront usage fees, and they don’t have a credit processing fee. All funds donated will immediately go into the fundraiser’s designated account and are available that day.